Engaging MPO’s in our Conditions and Trends
The image above is part of the Vibrant NEO 2040 presentation that will be presented today at the first in a series of meetings with Northeast Ohio’s Metropolitan Planning Organizations/Council of Governments Board of Directors. This morning at the Northeast Ohio Areawide Coordinating Agency (NOACA), we will be discussing the overall status of the project, the upcoming scenario planning process, project outcomes/products and engagement.
This conversation will be followed by brief roundtable discussions on four of our work streams: Economic Development, Environment, Connections and Housing and Communities. Utilizing the findings from the Conditions and Trends Platform, we hope to engage local leaders in exploring the following:
- What do these findings mean to you and your community?
- What do these findings mean to the region?
- What else do you need to know about your community?
- What else do you need to know about Northeast Ohio?
Over the course of the next month, we will be holding similar meetings with the other MPO’s and COG’s as well as leadership meetings within each of the 12 counties. All of this is in preparation for the scenario planning process which we will be launching in 2013.
You can access a copy of the presentation at our NEO 101 page.
What Can I Do Today?
- Act: You can registered for the upcoming Greater Akron Innovation Network for Sustainability (GAINS) on 11/14/12