Here are some pix from our table last year…
NEOSCC is proud to once again be a sponsor for Earthfest. Come visit our table this Sunday!
Join Earth Day Coalition for EarthFest 2013 at this year’s new location, the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds, on Sunday, April 21 from 10am-5pm. In partnership with Mayor Frank Jackson’s Sustainable Cleveland 2019 initiative, the Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District, Cuyahoga Arts & Culture and the Ohio Development Services Agency Office of Energy, this year’s EarthFest will celebrate Advanced and Renewable Energy with a new exhibit area under the Fairground’s dramatic on site wind turbine and Energy Education Center. Presented and organized by Earth Day Coalition since 1990, EarthFest is Ohio’s largest environmental education event and the longest running Earth Day celebration in the nation.
EarthFest will feature over 200 exhibits in 8 sustainability areas including: Advanced and Renewable Energy, Local & Sustainable Food, Clean Transportation (with Ride & Drive), Health & Fitness, Community Works, Family Fun, Zero Waste, and Green Home & Garden. Families will enjoy all day entertainment with eco-activities, Ohio’s first biodiesel powered amusement park rides, music on 5 stages, urban farm animals, healthy food from local food trucks, the NASA “Village,” Jungle Bob with his animal friends, Valley Exotic Petting Zoo, pony rides and much more…
NEW this year:
• Advanced and Renewable Energy exhibit area where attendees will learn first hand about exciting initiatives in our region as well as home products and conservation methods that utilize cleaner energy, minimize emissions and maximize efficiency. Visit our website to read a series of stories on some of the energy projects that will be on display at EarthFest.
• EarthFest will have Ohio’s first biodiesel powered amusement park rides. Learn about the environmental and clean-air benefits of biodiesel in this exciting new display!
• This year’s EarthFest has the goal of being a zero waste event and has partnered with Kimble Recycling and Disposal, Rosby Recycling Resources and ZeroWaste NEO to provide recycling and composting stations. Ohio City Bicycle Co-Op will run “Zero Emissions for Zero Waste” rickshaws to unload recycling and composting stations throughout the day.
• Guests will enjoy local microbrews and vintners, all-day chef demos and a huge selection of healthy and delicious local food from twelve of your favorite food trucks, including: Fired Up Taco Truck, Jibaro, Motormouth, Sal Caruso, Seti Polish Boys, StrEat Mobile Bistro, Sweet! The Mobile Cupcake, Donut Lab, The Nosh Box, The Rolling Pig, Umami Moto and Zydeco Bistro.
• Adopt an animal in need from local animal rescues such as Greyhound Adoption of Ohio, Lighthouse Boxer Rescue and the Animals’ Disaster Team.
• Listen to all-day music and the best of Northeast Ohio singer-songwriters, musicians and bands on 5 “Party with the Planet” entertainment stages organized by students enrolled in Cuyahoga Community College’s entertainment booking class.
• Take walking tours of Baldwin Wallace University’s solar, wind, composting and green building installations led by students from the university.
Admission: $3 ages 2-11; $5 ages 12+. Free Admission for: under age 2; for anyone who rides and parks their bike at the Bagley Road Fairgrounds entrance; for teachers with their immediate families who present a current school ID; and, for those who ride the RTA Redline (regular fare) to the Brookpark Rapid Station and the free EarthFest shuttle. Current members of Earth Day Coalition are treated to *free EarthFest admission and invited to enjoy our Very Environmental Persons (VEP) hospitality area catered by Nature’s Bin (*$35 individual level and $50 family level minimum).
For exhibitor, sponsorship and event information call (216) 281-6468 or visit www.earthdaycoalition.org