The Northeast Ohio Sustainable Communities Consortium (NEOSCC ) is currently undertaking a study to evaluate fair housing throughout the 12 Counties of Northeast Ohio. It is known as a Regional Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice.
The public comment period for the report draft will include on-line, in-print and presentation options for your review. Provide your knowledge, opinions, and feelings about fair housing choice.
The purpose of the comment period is to allow the public an opportunity to review and comment on the draft findings and suggested recommendations. COMMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL JULY 9, 2013. Please note that these are proposed findings and recommendations and are subject to change. All interested citizens are encouraged to attend any of the public meetings and/ or forward written comments to: NEOSCC, 146 S. High Street, Suite 800, Akron, OH 44308 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
State and Federal fair housing laws prohibit discrimination in housing based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, familial status, ancestry or military status.
On-Line or In Print Review
June 10 – July 9
Three-volume draft study available for public comment online at www.vibrantneo.org or may be reviewed at the following location (fees may apply for copies):
- NEOSCC, 146 S. High Street, Suite 800, Akron, OH
- 9:00am – Mahoning County, Covelli Centre (Community Room), 229 E. Front St., Youngstown
- 11:30am – Trumbull County, The Wean Foundation (Western Reserve Room), 147 W. Market St., Warren
- 2:30pm – Lake & Geauga Counties, Mentor Municipal Center, City Council Chambers, 3rd Floor, 8500 Civic Center Blvd., Mentor
- 7:00pm – Ashtabula County, Ashtabula County Old Courthouse, Commissioners Meeting Room, 2nd Floor, 25 W. Jefferson St., Jefferson
- 9:00am – Portage County, Portage County Regional Planning Commission, 124 N. Prospect St., Ravenna
- 11:30am – Summit County, Akron Urban League (President’s Hall), 440 Vernon Odom Blvd., Akron
- 2:30pm – Medina County, City of Medina, City Hall (Multi-purpose Room), 132 North Elmwood Ave., Medina
- 7:00pm – Stark & Wayne Counties, The Lillian Beane Center, 1711 16th Street SE, Massillon
- 9:00am – Lorain County, Lorain County Transportation & Community Center, 40 East Ave., Elyria12:00pm – Cuyahoga County, Castell Conference Center at Lutheran Hospital, The Castele Learning & Conference Center, 1730 West 25th St., Cleveland
- 2:30pm – Cuyahoga County, Cleveland Heights Community Center, All-Purpose Room, 1 Monticello Blvd., Cleveland Heights